## Digital Innovation
provides an international Master's program in Data Science.
We combine majors in technical fields with a minor in Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
As a student of the EIT Digital Master School, not only will you acquire fundamental knowledge and skills relating to technical subjects, you also learn how to bring your innovative ideas onto the market.
## Digital Science at EIT Digital
Technological and societal changes led to an explosion of digitally available data.
Exploiting the available data to its fullest extent, in order to improve decision making, increase productivity, and deepen our understanding of scientific questions, is one of today's major challenges.
Data science is an emerging discipline that aims to address this challenge.
As technologies in data science mature, so too will our ability to insightfully arrive at accurate and timely solutions to today's burgeoning questions.
However, this will require Data Scientists to provide the required expertise to make this vision come to fruition.
The newest [EIT Digital Master Program in Data Science](http://www.masterschool.eitdigital.eu/programmes/dsc/) offers graduate students the opportunity to gain valuable knowledge and skills in a field deemed by the Harvard Business Review as the *sexiest job of the 21st century.*
Our program offers graduates the chance to acquire solid grounding in data collection techniques, scalable data analysis methods, domain area expertise, and how to best communicate findings to the general public.
This is an opportune time to pursue training in both a challenging and rewarding new field. Join us and embark on a journey of a lifetime.
## Content of the EIT Digital Master Program in Data Science
The newly established Data Science Master program offers a unique academic program, whereby students can study data science, innovation, and entrepreneurship at leading European universities. In this program, students will learn about scalable data collection techniques, data analysis methods, and a suite of tools and technologies that address data capture, processing, storage, transfer, analysis, and visualization, and related concepts (e.g., data access, pricing data, and data privacy).
### Two Universities
A unique feature of the Digital Innovation program is geographical mobility: you will study at 2 prestigious universities in different European countries. When you register for admission to the two-year program, you select an entry point (the university where you will study the first year of the program) and an exit point (the university where you will study the second year of the program, namely your specialisation). You also travel to a kick-off event and attend summer and winter courses to meet other students, business partners and professionals. The acquisition of additional knowledge of cultural and linguistic differences also enables you to become an expert in your technical field and to succeed in becoming a manager in global markets.
### Entry Universities
The first year will be similar at all four data science entry point universities: Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), the Netherlands, Universidad Politecnica de Madrid (UPM), Spain, Politecnico di Milano (POLIMI), Italy and Universite Nice Sophia Antipolis, France, with foundations courses, such as data handling, data analysis, advanced data analysis and data management, visualization, and applications. The second year will enable students to concentrate one of five technical specialisation areas of their own choosing. See: specialisations below.
Five renowned European universities offer specialisations:
Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), the Netherlands,
Universidad Politecnica de Madrid (UPM), Spain,
Universite Nice Sophia Antipolis, France,
Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Sweden, and
the Technische Universitat Berlin (TUB), Germany.
During the second year of your program, you have the option to specialize in one of the following areas that are offered by the exit points:
- UNS, Nice: Multimedia & Web Science for Big Data,
- TUB Berlin: Design, Implementation, and Usage of Data Science Instruments,
- TU/e Eindhoven: Business Process Intelligence
- KTH, Stockholm: Distributed Systems & Data Mining for Really Big Data,
- UPM, Madrid: Infrastructures for Large Scale Data Management and Analysis.
### Dual Degree and the EIT Digital Certificate
If you complete the program successfully, you will obtain a dual degree from your entry point university and your exit point university. You will also receive the EIT Digital certificate, on which we will list your specific learning outcomes in the areas of Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
### Rules and regulations
For further information, please refer to the [EIT Digital website](http://www.masterschool.eitdigital.eu/).
### Tuition fees and Scholarship
For all EU/EEA and Swiss citizens EIT Digital
- waives tuition fees
- offers a one-time travel and installation support
- covers costs related to international events integrated into the curriculum
- on top of that, excellent students can be nominated for a monthly allowance
For non-EU/EEA or Swiss citizens, tuition fees are 8000 euro per year.
Please visit the [website](http://www.masterschool.eitdigital.eu/application/tuition-fees-scholarships/) for details on tuition fees and scholarships.
### How to apply
There are several rounds of application throughout the year.
For more information and details, please check the dedicated page on master school website on
[application and admission](http://www.masterschool.eitdigital.eu/application/overview/).
## First-year program at Politecnico di Milano
Politecnico di Milano offers an entry-point program for the Data Science master.
It consists of a set of technical courses (36 ECTS), bases in Innovation & Entrepreneurship (20 ECTS) and a summer school (4 ECTS).
The following summarizes the program:
### Technical Common Base
- 89183 - DATA BASES 2 - 5 ECTS, I semester
- 89184 - SOFTWARE ENGINEERING 2 - 5 ECTS, I semester
- 95898 - COMPUTING INFRASTRUCTURES - 5 ECTS, II semester
- 97683 - MACHINE LEARNING - 5 ECTS, II semester
### Technical Core Electives (3 out of 6)
- 89216 - SOFT COMPUTING - 5 ECTS, I semester
- 90950 - DISTRIBUTED SYSTEMS - 5 ECTS, I semester
- 97686 - RECOMMENDER SYSTEMS - 5 ECTS, I semester
- 95943 - PRINCIPLES OF PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES - 5 ECTS, I semester
- 89167 - DATA MINING AND TEXT MINING - 5 ECTS, II semester
- 95946 - ADVANCED ALGORITHMS AND PARALLEL PROGRAMMING - 5 ECTS, II semester
### Technical Suggested Electives (on Top of Program)
- 88983 - FOUNDATIONS OF OPERATIONS RESEARCH - 5 ECTS, I semester
- 89202 - TECHNOLOGIES FOR INFORMATION SYSTEMS - 5 ECTS, I semester
- 95944 - BIOINFORMATICS AND COMPUTATIONAL BIOLOGY - 5 ECTS, I semester
- 94743 - DATA MANAGEMENT FOR THE WEB - 5 ECTS, II semester
- 89165 - COMPUTING SECURITY - 5 ECTS, I semester
- 88949 - ADVANCED COMPUTER ARCHITECTURES - 5 ECTS, II semester
- 97688 - ECONOMICS AND COMPUTATION - 5 ECTS, II semester
### Innovation & Entrepreneurship Modules
- 96080 - STRATEGY & MARKETING (I&E Basic + I&E Elective) - 10 ECTS, I semester
- 97406 - DESIGNING DIGITAL BUSINESS INNOVATION LAB (I&E Business Development Lab) - 10 ECTS, II semester
### Summer School
- 5 ECTS, II semester
Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/210729242640756/